Job Title: Advocacy Worker
Salary: £18,928 – £20,693 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: East Ayrshire
Application Closing Date: 15th February 2019
You will provide independent advocacy support to older people and adults with mental health problems, learning disabilities or acquired brain injury throughout East Ayrshire.
The main duties will include the following:
- To sensitively provide clear information to clients of available services.
- To assist clients in linking with appropriate community services and resources.
- To assist clients to put their views across at reviews or meetings.
- To provide support and guidance to individuals to encourage them to advocate on their own behalf.
- To complete the necessary paperwork to enable the Service Manager to monitor referrals and collate statistics.
- To liaise with the Service Manager or Case Manager on a regular basis.
- To carry out additional duties as specified by the Service Manager from time to time.
- To participate in ongoing training as required by the organisation.
- To network with other appropriate service providers both voluntary and statutory.
- To retain confidentiality in line with the stated policy of the service.
- No formal qualifications required
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of independent advocacy as per the SIAA Principles & Standards and Code of Practice
- Good general education
- Knowledge and understanding of disability issues and social inclusion
- Current driving license (and use of a car preferable)
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date for applications is 15th February 2019
All successful candidates will be subject to PVG Scheme/Disclosure information.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Download and save the application form and job description by clicking here: ADVOCACY WORKER APPLICATION FORM
If you have any problems downloading the job description and application form, please email: Julia@eaas.org.uk
RETURN APPLICATION FORM
The application form can be returned via email, post or physically handed into the East Ayrshire Advocacy Office.
Email the completed application form to: Julia@eaas.org.uk
Post or hand in the completed application form to:
Vacancy for Advocacy Worker
c/o Irene Clark (Manager)
East Ayrshire Advocacy Services Ltd
20 Lindsay Street