JOB OPPORTUNITY – ADVOCACY WORKER (ADDICTIONS)
To provide an independent advocacy service to East Ayrshire adults who have a drug and/or alcohol addiction.
JOB TITLE: ADVOCACY WORKER (ADDICTIONS)
LOCATION: EAST AYRSHIRE
HOURS: 35 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: £21,330 P.A.
TERM: POST INITIALLY FUNDED FOR 1 YEAR (via East Ayrshire Alcohol and Drug Partnership)
- Do you have experience of working with vulnerable people?
- Do you have knowledge of the Scottish Government’s National Rights, Respect and Recovery Strategy?
- Do you have the ability to work in partnership with other stakeholders?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
- To deliver individual advocacy for people with alcohol/drug problems using a person-centred approach.
- To sensitively provide clear information to clients about available services.
- To assist clients in linking with appropriate community services and resources.
- To assist clients to put their views across at reviews or meetings.
- To provide support and guidance to individuals to encourage them to advocate on their own behalf.
- To establish links and develop referral pathways with local addiction services and other partner agencies both statutory and voluntary.
- To establish advocacy groups for people with alcohol/drug problems linked to existing community networks.
- To challenge stigma wherever encountered utilising a human right based and holistic approach promoting community and inclusion and an inclusive approach within services
- To develop and coordinate a local network of peer advocates
- To raise awareness with Health & Social Care/Community Planning partner organisation employees, re the reality of experience for people with alcohol/drug problems and to embed the recovery approach within services
- To collect regular data to evidence the outcomes of the project and provide regular reports to the Manager
- Provide updates as appropriate to East Ayrshire Alcohol and Drug Partnership
- Liaise with local recovery coordinator and other community stakeholders
We welcome applications from people who are great listeners, clear communicators and who care about their community.
Download Application Form
Closing Date: 18th March 2022
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any queries or problems downloading the application form or job specification, please contact:
In writing: EAAS, 20 Lindsay Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 2BB
By telephone: 01563 574442
By email: Julia@eaas.org.uk