JOB OPPORTUNITY – ADVOCACY WORKER (VULNERABLE PARENTS)
To provide an independent advocacy service for vulnerable parents living in East Ayrshire who have a mental health problem, learning disability and/or addiction issues whose children are subject to child protection legislation.
JOB TITLE: ADVOCACY WORKER (VULNERABLE PARENTS)
LOCATION: EAST AYRSHIRE
HOURS: 35 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: £21,330 P.A.
TERM: POST INITIALLY FUNDED FOR 1 YEAR
- Could you support vulnerable parents to participate in Child Protection proceedings?
- Would you be able to support parents to express their views and wishes about their children?
- Do you have the ability to support parents to engage with other agencies?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
- To deliver individual advocacy for people who are vulnerable parents.
- To support parents to communicate with other agencies involved in the child protection proceedings, participate in the assessment process and any subsequent care planning.
- To attend forums including LAAC reviews, child protection meetings, children’s hearings, workers meetings etc to support parents to participate and have their say.
- To link with psychological services, drug alcohol services, medical services, criminal justice services etc to ensure that parents have access to support from these services and/or to support communication with these services.
- To support parents to engage with legal representatives when appropriate.
- To provide support and guidance to individuals to encourage them to advocate on their own behalf.
- To collect regular data to evidence the outcomes of the service and provide regular reports to the Manager.
- To participate in ongoing training as required by the organisation.
- To retain confidentiality and follow key procedures including GDPR.
We welcome applications from people who are great listeners, clear communicators and who care about their community.
Download Application Form
Closing Date: 18th March 2022
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any queries or problems downloading the application form or job specification, please contact:
In writing: EAAS, 20 Lindsay Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 2BB
By telephone: 01563 574442
By email: Julia@eaas.org.uk