JOB OPPORTUNITY – CLOSED
Role: Advocacy Worker
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable/Dependent on Experience
Are you a caring person?
Looking for a new challenge?
Are you a good listener?
Could you be a voice for a vulnerable person?
Do you care about your community?
To provide an independent advocacy service to East Ayrshire residents aged 16–65 years, who have learning disabilities/mental health problems or acquired brain injury, or to any East Ayrshire residents over the age of 65.
The main duties will include:
- To sensitively provide clear information to clients about available services.
- To assist clients in linking with appropriate community services and resources.
- To assist clients to put their views across at reviews or meetings.
- To provide support and guidance to individuals to encourage them to advocate on their own behalf.
- To record advocacy input to enable the service manager to monitor referrals and collate statistics.
- To liaise with the Service Manager or Case Manager on a regular basis.
- To participate in ongoing training as required by the organisation.
- To network with other appropriate service providers both voluntary and statutory.
- To retain confidentiality in line with the stated policy of the service.
We welcome applications from people who are great listeners, clear communicators and who care about their community.
Download Application Form
Closing Date: 20th August 2021
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any queries or problems downloading the application form or job specification, please contact:
In writing: EAAS, 20 Lindsay Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 2BB
By telephone: 01563 574442
By email: Julia@eaas.org.uk